Monday, March 31, 2008

Dear Mia... Love, Mommy












Happy Birthday, my sweet Mia! Mommy and Daddy are so proud of you and can't believe how quickly you're growing! This year feels like a blur! You're a sweet & funny little girl and we all love you so much! This is what I've noticed...Morgan calms you... it's with Morgan that you gave the first kissy kiss! Ryan makes you laugh a lot and smile... he knows how to cheer you up! You love to imitate your big sister - Daniella. Even when people aren't looking you're copying what she does! Even Bella (our dog)... when Bella barks... I sometimes hear you make a noise that sounds like barking! When Daddy walks into a room, you SMILE and giggle! When I ask you to say, "Hi Mama" you usually respond, "da da". But, you're definitely a MOMMY's GIRL! When you're crying that's when I hear, "Ma ma Ma ma!" I often get your "scowl face" - most likely because I'm the one who tells you "NO" all the time and sets your limits. I don't care... it's funny, half the time I think you're making that face just to get a reaction... which you usually do.
Things you're doing... You LOVE to imitate & copy cat your family. You sign more, sleepy, thank you & please. Word you use most is "UP", it's sounds more like "uppa". You also say "Uh-Oh" every time something drops. Of course your scowl is your face of choice lately... hope you grow out of that one! You love to dance! Play peek-a-boo & when you hear "OH-NO" you put your hands on your head! You love the book "Five Little Monkeys, tease Mr. Crocodile"... because of the "OH NO" that repeats throughout the book! Your FAVORITE book is, "GOODNIGHT MOON" and whenever Mommy reads, "... and the quiet old lady who is whispering 'HUSH'"... you put your finger to my mouth to make me say "shhhh". You love to wave bye-bye or hello to people.... but if people come to close you cling to mommy's shirt and lay your head on my shoulder! You will watch Blues Clues Sign video and it captures your attention... you love Blues Clues! You babble a little - but more content to watch everyone around you... there's always so much going on around you! You use to be very stingy with your smiles... but not so much anymore!
Things I did differently the 4th time around? Let's see... it sure helps to have Morgan, Ryan & Dani around to help out. They entertain you so I can do other things like - cook, clean, laundry, BLOG! Having a diaper warmer was a luxury, zip-up sleepers are the BEST (stinkin' snaps... what a pain), soothing sounds in the background to block out the noise when napping, rice cereal in your bottle - wow, I never did that before... you are the rice cereal champ! And the best part is having our friend SARAH PIRT once a week, sometimes twice come and hang out with you so I can go volunteer at the kids school, go to doctor appointments or just do grocery shopping. Although you give Ms. Sarah a hard time when she comes over... you know you LOVE her and believe me, Mommy appreciates her more than you'll ever know! *Thanks, Sarah!
God has truly blessed our family... I know I say that often, but it's so true... I truly feel blessed! For a moment I was sad when your 1st birthday arrived... it's a milestone that you're growing up! I will cherish every moment with you, my sweet baby! I'm so happy that I'm your mommy! I hope you will always know that you are SOOO VERY LOVED!


"Mia, how old will you be next year?"TWO!

No comments:

Time flies when you're havin' fun...

We moved to California


VISIT our OTHER BLOG (cut and paste)

http://everyday-joshua1nine.blogspot.com/

Dales return from deployment - WELCOME BACK
July 2010 - March 2011

Our Gift of A Day... in beautiful Hawaii

Our Gift of A Day... in beautiful Hawaii
click on our photo to read about it!

7th B'day


"our growing family"