Thursday, July 31, 2008

Home Sweet Home. . .

... 9442 Ayscough was a great little place. I loved the layout of our home... the neighbors by our home... the elementary school & teachers near our home... the activities available near our home! Today we moved out of our home of 3 years. Tomorrow is the walk-through with the new homeowners and closing of our house. Feels so good to be able to sell before we leave for Guam... a true answer to prayer!

As I wiped down the counters and checked all the drawers in the kitchen - all I could say was, "this was a nice place to live for the last 3 years..." and feel like it's time to move on! I felt like that in Chesapeake, VA too! The most emotional about a "home" - was in our little 3rd floor apartment in Annapolis, Maryland - inside the Naval Academy. And we didn't even own the place. I LOVED IT THERE! I cried so hard when I was cleaning up that little place. My 3 older kids were babies there... I saw images of them learning how to walk down the hallways... the corners where I taught the boys how to stand in the "naughty spot"... the bathroom floor that I sat on for hours trying to teach Morgan how to be a big boy and potty! Morgan, Ryan & Dani all celebrated their 1st birthdays there! A lot happened in those 3 years and to think we lived on the top floor with NO elevator and 3 kids still learning how to walk & climb up stairs. I still remember them falling asleep in the car and I had to run each of them upstairs - one at a time. I was thinner then, I'm sure! ha! I called Annapolis - SURVIVAL TOUR! Not sure how we got through it - but we did! It was probably one of the toughest times in our marriage... but I know now it's what made us stronger and better!

Hmmm... sometimes easier is not always better... when things are tough - we learn to rise above and strive to be our best! Would I go back and do it all over? No, I'm happy at how independent my kids are now. . . one in diapers is a whole lot easier than all 3 in diapers! Phhheeww! I just hope that I will remember to enjoy MIA's growth & stages in life!

Maybe the difference between Annapolis (living on Phythian Road) was more emotional was because I was leaving with all the memories. And with Chesapeake (San Pedro Drive ) & Summerville (9442 Ayscough) we're just happy to sell the house!

We can't wait for our next adventure... Home is really where OUR family is. . . as long as we're together!

1 comment:

Our Family said...

Couldn't have been said any better than that!! Your family is truly lucky to have you.

Time flies when you're havin' fun...

We moved to California


VISIT our OTHER BLOG (cut and paste)

http://everyday-joshua1nine.blogspot.com/

Dales return from deployment - WELCOME BACK
July 2010 - March 2011

Our Gift of A Day... in beautiful Hawaii

Our Gift of A Day... in beautiful Hawaii
click on our photo to read about it!

7th B'day


"our growing family"