Monday, September 22, 2008

The wheels on the bus go "round & round"...

The kids waiting for the BUS at 6:55am
This morning before the kids headed outside to our driveway AKA the "bus stop" - Mia was sitting in her high chair eating breakfast. She pointed to her toy bus and said some jibberish "Mia-ism"... it was something like this... "blah blah blah blah round and round". She was referring to the songs we sing to her all the time... THE WHEELS ON THE BUS GO ROUND AND ROUND... ROUND AND ROUND... ROUND AND ROUND!
Every day Mia is saying something new and it's so exciting to hear what she has to say and the connections that she is making daily. She watches everyone and everything!

Mia LOVES her new ball machine... when she plays it she says, "HAPPY"
I had to laugh when I saw Mia sitting on the floor doing this. She has watched me put on and take of my contacts every morning and evening... and today she found a small piece of plastic (from a plastic bag) & pretended to put it in her eye like Mommy!
... another cute thing Mia does is when I lay down with her and pretend to be asleep. For those of you with infants or toddlers - try breathing deep and slow (simulating sleep) and watch how quickly they will fall asleep. Anyway - the last few times I was laying down with her and closing my eyes PRETENDING to be asleep - her cute little face was right next to me lifting my lids open so she could see my eyes... of course every time she did this she would start giggling... I'm laughing just typing this because I think it's just so cute!
I have to admit - I'm enjoying my time with Mia so much... it's so different to have ONE baby in diapers and this special time with her. Okay, so she's not babywise like Morgan when he was an infant... man was he BABYWISE and such an easy baby. Our household goods are arriving on Wednesday (9.24) - her crib is in that shipment and once that is set up... we are back on a schedule!!! And back to BABYWISE... poor baby is in for a big shocker!

When the BIG kids get home from school in the afternoon Mia gets so excited!!! She was watching Ryan & Dani arguing over who gets to play the gamecube so they decided to settle it by doing ROCK PAPER SCISSORS. Mia jumped right in and started playing with them too... look how cute her "scissors" sign is!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

How absolutely adorable! I can't believe how fast Mia is growing. . .and there's always something new with her! I miss you guys so much, thank you for the comment on my blog. It's so good to know that there's somebody out there praying for me, when I need it most! Love, Sarah

Time flies when you're havin' fun...

We moved to California


VISIT our OTHER BLOG (cut and paste)

http://everyday-joshua1nine.blogspot.com/

Dales return from deployment - WELCOME BACK
July 2010 - March 2011

Our Gift of A Day... in beautiful Hawaii

Our Gift of A Day... in beautiful Hawaii
click on our photo to read about it!

7th B'day


"our growing family"