Friday, October 24, 2008

amazED


My dad - Dr. EDward L. Pan. My little man - Ryan EDward.

9 years ago when we gave our little man my dad's namesake I didn't realize it would be MORE than just a name they shared! Seriously! If anyone has met my dad they are surprised how Ryan can sometimes look like him... share similar mannerisms... energetic like my dad (rarely sits still) and surprisingly for a little man - he can SNORE like my dad! Every day I'm amazED by my Ryan, afterall - he is my little 2 pound miracle!

5 years ago we celebrated my dad's retirement from his Orthopaedic practice!!! Dad has been LOVING life after retirement... the joke with him is sometimes he forgets what day it is... NOW THAT'S ENJOYING LIFE! And Dad - you deserve it! Thank you for the GREAT life you've provided for us growing up!!! We have been so blessed by your hard work throughout the years!

Dale & I with my parents and my older brother - Len

(above) Dr. Dethoff paging through the memory album
(below) DAD with his partners...
Summer of 2003 - My family at Hidden Valley - where I grew up in Pennsylvania.
(Dale's parents visiting from San Diego for Dad's retirement party)
Well last night Ryan came running to me asking if I could look up a website for him. www.edheads.com an educational site that is very interactive! (um, how ironic that the site is named EDheads... ) I watched my little man perform KNEE SURGERY online. I'm amazED by this site! Hmmm, perhaps this is my future surgeon and he's following after my dad's footsteps! Until them, I'll let my little Dr. Ryan try a few hip replacements and see if he truly loves Orthopaedics like his PopPop!

No comments:

Time flies when you're havin' fun...

We moved to California


VISIT our OTHER BLOG (cut and paste)

http://everyday-joshua1nine.blogspot.com/

Dales return from deployment - WELCOME BACK
July 2010 - March 2011

Our Gift of A Day... in beautiful Hawaii

Our Gift of A Day... in beautiful Hawaii
click on our photo to read about it!

7th B'day


"our growing family"