Saturday, October 25, 2008

boonie stompin'

A "boonie stomp" (Guahan for a hike). We started at Two Lovers Point... approximately 30 of us... our new friends from the Ypao-Ordot SDA Church. Then started walking in water, over sharp limestone rocks, then through the jungle to Lost Pond - with our Crocs, mind you. My kids absolutely LOVED the adventure! Mia rode on my back the entire time. My little water baby LOVED "stompin'" through the water. Some tried to take the "high grounds" and hike up and through the jungle... but when it started raining on us it really didn't matter which way you went... wet is wet! Although Daddy Dale missed his Saturday "lay activities" (nap)... I could tell he really enjoyed himself today! It was a GREAT way to experience this beautiful island we live on!

I pray daily that our kids will know and feel GOD's awesome LOVE as they walk through their journey of LIFE. As we "stomped" along today - I couldn't help but feel HIS presence! Today's adventure is an example of what it is to be a CHRISTIAN. As I read the 1st paragraph of this blog I see that the journey is this: We started at Two Lovers Point. God loves us... if we love HIM in return - we will want to know more by reading HIS word!


Our walk led us to the water... sometimes the water was smooth, sometimes it was rough... there were sharp rocks and weaving paths through the jungle... and a place called LOST POND. HELLO, that is the journey we all go through! How many times have you felt "sharp rocks" in your life and felt like you arrived at lost pond? Down the wrong path... with the wrong crowd! As a parent, I do worry about the choices of friends my kids will make, the sharp rocks that will come their way. Today, my kids ran off ahead of us - their excitement got the BEST of them. When I saw them 20 - 30 minutes later - they were laughing, playing - HAPPY. They showed me some of the cuts on their legs and hands from the journey. They smiled because the journey was worth it! Mia rode on my back... others held hands to make it up the hills and through the water... we were guided by those who have "walked the path" before us. Everyone needed someone today. I was relieved to know that we were surrounded with GOOD people, GOOD leaders. I pray that my kids will know the importance of the company they keep!! And through the CALM and ROUGH waters - GOD will always be there!


Carmen, Mia & I. My new friend & walking partner at LEO.
Thank You Carmen for inviting us to your church today and introducing us to your beautiful family & wonderful church family!!! It was a GREAT day!


This final video clip is my favorite of all - so glad I took it! Doesn't Dale look like he's some kind of LOST survivor? For a brief moment, as we entered the water - it started to rain. We both just laughed! Most Saturday afternoons you'd find Dale taking a well-deserved afternoon nap. NOT TODAY, Honey! Sometimes we have to get ALL WET to get the full experience!

1 comment:

Kelly said...

You guys are too cool. It looks like fun...sort of...I think...but you guys can make anything fun, huh????
Love to all 6 of you.

Time flies when you're havin' fun...

We moved to California


VISIT our OTHER BLOG (cut and paste)

http://everyday-joshua1nine.blogspot.com/

Dales return from deployment - WELCOME BACK
July 2010 - March 2011

Our Gift of A Day... in beautiful Hawaii

Our Gift of A Day... in beautiful Hawaii
click on our photo to read about it!

7th B'day


"our growing family"