Thursday, April 30, 2009

FLASHBACK FRIDAY- as she walked away



In a flash, I'm right back to this moment. This photo was like the 2nd or 3rd week of the schoolyear... the boys were together at a Montessori School and Dani was new to being on her own. Her first time in preschool - Great Bridge Presbyterian Preschool.

She cried every day when I walked her in and walked away. Not surprising to me since all my kids cried on their first day of school... and the 2nd... and the 3rd. What can I say? They just love being around me!




When the school told me to try the car drop off - I was real hesitant. There was no way she would get out of the van... we'd hold the entire line up and cause some drama!

Well, we tried it and she was all smiles in the van. I didn't know what to expect when I opened the van door.
I wasn't ready for her to jump out and walk away like such a BIG girl without even looking back.



As she walked away - I got teary and found myself crying! I couldn't believe it! When did she get to be so brave? And why was I crying? Because I'm a mommy, that's why!



I guess the saying is true... it's easier to WALK AWAY then to be LEFT BEHIND. She was in control and my little baby girl found the strength to walk on into her classroom! She knew I'd be back... afterall, school was kinda fun!!



Three hours later I was right back at the school ready to pick her up and always so excited to see her BIG smile as she walked towards me.



DANIELLA when she was 4 years old



I'll have to experience another "walk away" very soon... I've experienced it before - and it's just part of our Navy Culture. To meet new friends and to either walk away or be left behind. It is never fun. EIGHTEEN MORE DAYS and we'll have to say good-bye to some really good friends on the island... or until we meet again...

No comments:

Time flies when you're havin' fun...

We moved to California


VISIT our OTHER BLOG (cut and paste)

http://everyday-joshua1nine.blogspot.com/

Dales return from deployment - WELCOME BACK
July 2010 - March 2011

Our Gift of A Day... in beautiful Hawaii

Our Gift of A Day... in beautiful Hawaii
click on our photo to read about it!

7th B'day


"our growing family"