Sunday, May 11, 2008

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!



I am so very blessed to be a mommy to my kids! To witness all their "firsts" and to guide them & expect MORE from them every day! They are REALLY GOOD KIDS & I pray every day that I can be the BEST Mommy to them that I can be! Recently I have now been praying that I will live a long life to be able to watch my kids grow and be there for them for as long as I can! You see, on Friday, Dale & I attended a funeral of Wendy Burger. We knew Wendy from church. Wendy was only 27 years old when she died of Liver failure. She leaves behind 3 kids... her youngest is only 4 years old and as I watched little Ellie skipping and playing at the funeral - my heart just broke for her wondering how much of this does she really comprehend?! She was able to see her mommy laying in the open casket and she was told that Mommy was just sleeping and she'll wake up when Jesus comes. Her response was, "So when is HE coming?"

Mother's Day this year is really put into perspective for me! Death has a way of making you look at life just a little bit differently. If you knew you were to die tomorrow - would you do anything different today? WE ALL WOULD!! Who knows what tomorrow will bring... only GOD knows! We can't live in fear of not knowing what tomorrow may be- but we can LIVE LIFE the best way we know how, with no regrets!


... practicing for their special music at church ...

We took "a few" pictures before going to church and Daniella asked, "mommy, why do we always have to take pictures?" And I told her, "because I don't want to forget these moments and regret that we didn't take the time to document them!" We can't go back in time and capture those moments on film again...




"I Sing Praises To Your Name"

We spent the afternoon with our friends - the REILLY FAMILY! Happy 38th Birthday, Michelle! I love ya, girl!


Mom Mom, Daniella, Mia & MommaDOT


Happy Mother's Day!


MomMom opening her Mother's Day gifts at the RED LEAF restaurant! A new Chinese, Japanese, Thai Cuisine! Yum! Yum!



Mia in her WATERBABY Class #9 - May 8th, 2008

"Do we really need to do this?"


My parents came into town for a few days and were able to come to Mia's Waterbaby class and video tape Mia in action! She worked hard in class and this was her 3rd time to "fall in" and "get out"... just as she was getting out - Daddy walked in and she was so happy to hear the cheering section of MomMom, PopPop and Daddy!!!



No comments:

Time flies when you're havin' fun...

We moved to California


VISIT our OTHER BLOG (cut and paste)

http://everyday-joshua1nine.blogspot.com/

Dales return from deployment - WELCOME BACK
July 2010 - March 2011

Our Gift of A Day... in beautiful Hawaii

Our Gift of A Day... in beautiful Hawaii
click on our photo to read about it!

7th B'day


"our growing family"