Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Fitting In...

On Monday the kids came home from school. It was a typical afternoon - the kids get off the bus around 2:30 and they kiss mommy, wash their hands and raid the pantry for a snack! Morgan looked at me and said, "Mommy, can you ground me?" Not sure why he said that... I jokingly said, "sure, why not!" Next time I'll know better!

It happened! My first phone call from the school - a call from a teacher! Yes, my good and very well-behaved boy- MORGAN - got busted! With only 11 days left of school (we're leaving school early for a trip to California) - Morgan was "caught" standing on the bathroom sinks. His teacher heard the boys outside the hall... they were a little rowdy - so she peeked her head around the corner to find Morgan standing on the sinks! "WHY???? Morgan" is what his teacher asked... and his response, "I just wanted to see if the sink could hold me!" I'm so glad that he didn't hurt himself and I question his lack of judgement! Morgan is a sensitive kid and I know he knew it was wrong as soon as he saw his teacher... but it still didn't make it right! LIFE IS ALL ABOUT CHOICES... we tell this to our kids on a daily basis! Being a LEADER is something we also try to instill in our kids... and his actions certainly didn't reflect what we would be proud of!

I guess in the grand scheme of things - I could say, "It could've been worse"... and I know that this is probably just the beginning of Morgan testing the waters and seeing how he fits in. We talked things over after the phone call from his teacher and his head hung low as he listened and his eyes teared up. He begged me not to tell daddy... which of course, I told him I had to tell. His punishment from his teacher was he stayed in from recess and had to write a letter of apology and explanation. The next morning, Daddy Dale talked things over with him and they prayed about making better choices and being a better leader!

These photos below were taken at the airshow last month - this was when I really noticed Morgan trying to "fit in" or trying to be his own person. Ryan & Dani were happy going off with my friends & their kids to go "jump in the bouncies or slide down the big slides"... where Morgan wanted to check out the aircrafts and tanks. While doing that - he ran into a classmate & his 5th grader friends. I saw him just watching and staring and listening. In his silence - I was happy to see his friend take him in and bring him in the group. As a mommy looking in - I was glad that these were nice boys that were brought up well and treated others well. FRIENDS - ooh, I pray that my kids will find the right friends to be friends with... that they will be influenced to do right and always remember what we try to instill in them!

1 comment:

Our Family said...

(I don't know if you will find this comment since it's in your archive.) This entry almost made me cry. It's difficult knowing that we as moms can't follow our kids around to make sure they are safe and making good choices. We have to let them go and allow them to hopefully use what we taught them.

Time flies when you're havin' fun...

We moved to California


VISIT our OTHER BLOG (cut and paste)

http://everyday-joshua1nine.blogspot.com/

Dales return from deployment - WELCOME BACK
July 2010 - March 2011

Our Gift of A Day... in beautiful Hawaii

Our Gift of A Day... in beautiful Hawaii
click on our photo to read about it!

7th B'day


"our growing family"