Friday, January 2, 2009

There's NO place like HOME!

The other night when the girls went out... right before chopping our hair off - we stopped into KB Toys to see what they had on sale since the company is going out of business. Everything was 50% off & I found a WIZARD OF OZ costume box. In this box are 3 outfits... Dorothy (and her RED shoes), Glinda the good witch and of course a wicked witch of the east costume in black with green bracelets. Mia LOVES it! Of course I'm not surprised at all that Daniella is enjoying this box of fun!
The costumes are really cheap, there are so many little parts like sleeves that go with this and strands that go with that... plus my little Mia doesn't even know the story of the Wizard of Oz! But the big smile that comes over her face when she opens this box of costumes is indeed priceless!

Living this military life and moving every 3 - 4 years for the last 16 years I have never felt the need to click my heels and want to be anywhere else! Home is where the HEART is and I've enjoyed the places and the people that have blessed our journey through life! As a young family living in Annapolis, one of Dale's commanding officers made a comment to him that has become our MOTTO for LIFE in the Military. She told him to "GROW WHERE YOU'RE PLANTED". That is exactly what we try to do. To appreciate all that is around us and just GROW!

As I look at these goofy pictures of my girls just playing dress up... it makes me think & want to ask - will my girls be like DOROTHY and help others along the way... find a brain, find a heart, find courage... will they recognize the wicked witches and the good-hearted Glinda's who are helpful? For now - they'll just be kids and play dress up and I pray that their YELLOW BRICK road will always lead them HOME!!!

No comments:

Time flies when you're havin' fun...

We moved to California


VISIT our OTHER BLOG (cut and paste)

http://everyday-joshua1nine.blogspot.com/

Dales return from deployment - WELCOME BACK
July 2010 - March 2011

Our Gift of A Day... in beautiful Hawaii

Our Gift of A Day... in beautiful Hawaii
click on our photo to read about it!

7th B'day


"our growing family"