Saturday, February 28, 2009

more than climbing...

While at the orthodontist with Morgan, I met Boni, the owner of the rock climbing wall in town and she invited me to come out and give it a try. So glad we did!
Here's the first of many various girls night out at Hangin' High! I love it... especially the feel good sore feeling! Truly a great work-out!


Last weekend I decided to bring the entire family for FAMILY DAY and show them the fun I was having with climbing! They had a great time! The kids were excited and even little Mia (22 months) kept pointing to the wall and learned how to say, "I climb".


I love the fact that it's MORE than just climbing. More than a challenge! It builds confidence, trust, communication & even problem solving. Learning to work together with people you know and some you don't know.

I signed the kids up for this month for the Ekulo Kidz Climbing Club and decided to pick them up from school and bring them to the wall. Our friends, the Morrisons decided to come out with us and let their boys try it too... we had the entire place to ourselves, it was awesome!

Later at dinner, I overheard my friend Amy say to Morgan, "You're a good climber" and Morgan's face lit up and said, "You saw me?"

Recalling that small moment from last night touches my heart and brings tears to my eyes. The way he phrased it with such a surprised expression of being recognized amongst the others. My son is growing up so quickly and I have found him becoming more reserved and quiet. He'll be 11 soon & already his voice is changing... maybe he's more conscious of that.

Since climbing, he has been talking non-stop about THE WALL and can't wait to go again. He's found more confidence in himself! To me, it's worth the time to take him back again and again!

As a mommy of 4, I try to make sure my time with each child is evenly distributed.... it's hard though... because some require MORE attention than others! Some personalities are much bigger than others. I'm so blessed to have good kids. Lots of prayer and lots of discipline, for sure!

"You saw me?"... yes, my son - I SEE YOU! And more importantly I hope you will always know that in your quiet strength you are growing into such an amazing young man! Mommy and Daddy love you so much! God loves you even more than we do... and that's a whole LOTA love! It reminds me of one of GOD's promises in Isaiah...

"Though the mountains be shaken and the hills be removed, yet my unfailing love for you will not be shaken nor my covenant of peace be removed", says the Lord, who has compassion on you. Isaiah 54:10

1 comment:

Kelly said...

very cool post and very good point. It is hard to make sure everybody is "seen"...

Miss you guys lots. You all look wonderful!

Time flies when you're havin' fun...

We moved to California


VISIT our OTHER BLOG (cut and paste)

http://everyday-joshua1nine.blogspot.com/

Dales return from deployment - WELCOME BACK
July 2010 - March 2011

Our Gift of A Day... in beautiful Hawaii

Our Gift of A Day... in beautiful Hawaii
click on our photo to read about it!

7th B'day


"our growing family"