Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Sadly, we don't approve!

Last January, in Manila - we finally met my cousin Louie's family for the first time... his beautiful wife - Rina and their adorable little boy - Anton. Only 4 months ago - we were all together, laughing and enjoying our little reunion.


It's moments like these that make me wonder why BAD things happen to GOOD people. How tomorrow could change in a quick moment. To be aware of our surroundings - however, we shouldn't live in fear of what might happen! To continue to pray that GOD's angels will watch over us, protecting us from potential dangers.

1 Thessalonians 5:16-18; reads “Be joyful always, pray continually, give thanks in ALL circumstances for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus”.


If you asked Anton, "Do you approve?" He would give you a thumbs up and smile this GREAT BIG SMILE and say, "approve!" He was the life of the party when our family got together for dinner at my Tita's house... everyone wanted to hold him! He "approved" and smiled at everyone!

Today is a sad day. TODAY they lay to rest almost 2 year old Anton, a sweet little boy... along with his maternal grandmother, his 3 year old cousin Franco & his yaya (Nanny) Tess (photo of her holding him below). Lives cut too short! A tragedy of an overloaded ferry that capsized in the waters of the Philippine Sea.
Part of the article from the PDI:

Last night, at the wake, a pall of gloom and sadness filled the church as a grandmother and her two grandsons lay in state, one on each side of her. Daisy, a wonderful and caring wife, mother and grandmother, lay in eternal slumber. Franco and Anton, with their favorite toys—bright-colored cars—in their tiny, chubby fingers, looked like they were only sleeping, with smiles on their faces.

One must find consolation and strength in knowing that the boys were not able to feel any pain as they fell into the water, that the Father had safely picked them up and brought them to the shores of heaven, where they now live for all eternity.

Today, as the Eugenios bury, not one, but three family members, we who are left behind mourn their loss, and can only pray that in the wake of this tragedy, a greater meaning to their loss will be found, and that measures to prevent future tragedies from happening will finally be implemented.


Mia with her cousin Anton... this photo just makes me cry! Sweet little Anton - we will NEVER forget you!

I added this video clip below because it's so sweet! As I was tearing, writing this blog and thinking of my family back in the Philippines and the sadness and sorrow they must be going through - my little Mia wanted to see the picture of her and ANTON. I gently lifted her up and told her to say goodbye to her cousin ANTON and together we prayed... afterwards I video taped her and caught her giving Anton a good-bye kiss... honetly, sometimes I feel like my kids are in tune with what I go through and in their gentle way - help me in more ways than they know!


A KISS GOODBYE! We Love You, Anton!

Words & Lyrics to the song,
"PIECES OF HEAVEN" by Go Fish
* to hear the song - scroll to the bottom of the home page
to the music playlist and hit PLAY *

He’s gone, how can that be?
He was just here, it doesn’t make sense to me
Yet, I see you smilin’ and I understand
You’re living proof that his life had a plan

Sometimes it’s hard
Sometimes it’s the middle of the night
Sometimes everything’s wrong
But sometimes everything is right

CHORUS:
I see a piece of heaven
When I look at you
And it shines so bright
After all you’ve been through
It doesn’t seem fair
Things like this never do
But now I see a piece of heaven
When I look at you

People try, but only Jesus could know
The pain in your heart that may never go
Tough questions, they never leave your mind
Easy answers, they’re nowhere to find

Sometimes it’s hard
Sometimes it’s the middle of the night
Sometimes it’s all wrong
Sometimes it can be all right

CHORUS BRIDGE:
You may not see what you’ve been given
With all that’s been taken away
Just remember from the darkest of nights
Always come the brightest days


TO READ THE COMPLETE ARTICLE:
http://showbizandstyle.inquirer.net/lifestyle/lifestyle/view/20090526-207299/Lessons-from-the-Puerto-Galera-tragedy

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Dot,
I am SO sorry for your loss--very sad! I am praying for you and your family. I miss you all so much. Love, Sarah

Time flies when you're havin' fun...

We moved to California


VISIT our OTHER BLOG (cut and paste)

http://everyday-joshua1nine.blogspot.com/

Dales return from deployment - WELCOME BACK
July 2010 - March 2011

Our Gift of A Day... in beautiful Hawaii

Our Gift of A Day... in beautiful Hawaii
click on our photo to read about it!

7th B'day


"our growing family"