Saturday, July 4, 2009

Across the Ocean... Happy 4th, America!


HAPPY BIRTHDAY, AMERICA... Living on Guam, Where America's Day Begins... our day is already coming to a close!

When was the last time you looked on a globe or on a map and found where GUAM is. It's that little DOT in the middle of the ocean! Far far away!! We're on that teeny tiny dot! Looking at this photo below reminds me of that Jason Mraz song, LUCKY - to hear it go down to my PLAYLIST and hit the play button.

DO YOU HEAR ME I'M TALKIN' TO YOU
ACROSS THE WATER ACROSS THE DEEP BLUE OCEAN
UNDER THE OPEN SKY, OH MY - BABY I'M TRYIN'
It's not fun being sick on a holiday weekend! Especially when there were so many get-togethers! When you're ON THE GO as much as we are... then this holiday weekend would've been considered a complete YAWNER. We caught up on a lot of sleep, that's for sure!
Oooh I had so many plans! But instead, Momma got some rest and relaxation and some great pampering! Massages from the hubby! NICE! He even cooked this weekend - which is always a treat for me! He's mastering his art of GRILLING... now if he can only cooked vegetables and make it a balanced meal - but I'm not complaining, I'm just sayin'!

I've enjoyed relaxing and tweeking the look of my blog... do you like it? I love the main page photo... isn't it so sweet? I may change it again... but for now I'm lovin' it. The kids have already changed so much since then.

Morgan has his braces off and probably grew another 3 or 4 inches since February - when the pics were taken. Ryan... okay - maybe Ryan is the same... I'm sure he's growing too... it's just hard to tell because of his gigantor brother! Dani's tooth grew in and her hair is longer now... and then there's Mia - her hair still is at a stand still... but she has added a few more teeth... and a lot MORE attitude!

Thanks Jeni Winegeart for the beautiful photos taken of our family back in February when my parents came to visit! This island isn't the same without you!







I want to THANK all our service men who are serving our country. Away from family & friends during this holiday weekend... and many other personal milestone events... such as birthdays, anniversaries or those 1sts that all children go through!

Dale recently put in a package for a deployment to GITMO - Guantanamo Bay - the base on Cuba. A ONE year deployment. We discussed his options and although there were others vying for the leadership position - there was always that MAYBE he might be selected! After 4 days from our discussion - we found out HE WASN'T SELECTED. ** BIG, no HUGE *sigh* of relief!! ** I won't lie - I had shed a few tears even before the decision was made... just the idea of him gone for a whole year made my heart ache! For now I am thankful and truly grateful that our family can continue to be together!

I think of our new friends and neighbors... THE MERCADO's. He's a physician serving in Afghanistan for over a year and we met via their blog prior to our move out here. (around the same time I met Amy M before moving here). It's amazing how these blogs work and how much they can pull families together and bond - because you can really get a glimpse of their personality... their life and who they are. While Mike was serving our country... his wife Gemma has managed to be a strong Military wife, care for her son Max, have a new baby girl (now 10 mo.) named Maya and spend quality time with her family back in California

Anyway - we've been car starters/house sitters for the Mercado's since we moved on the same street... and wouldn't you know it... my mom knows Gemma's side of the family. Being filipina and also Seventh-day Adventist - our world becomes very very small! I love that about our culture!

The times I would go to Mike & Gemma's house I would tell Mia, "Let's go to Max's house"! Mia LOVES Max's toys (because they're new to her) and always got so excited to go there. She's so sharp because we would get there and she'd look at me and question, "Where Max?"



We met and picked Gemma, her 2 kids & Mike's mom at the airport... along with a bunch of other SDA friends that she knows and worked with at the Guam SDA Clinic. (Gemma is a Family Practice Physician). After over a year she has returned home to Guam.



Taking time to pray and THANK GOD for a safe arrival!

WELCOME BACK HOME GEMMA! THANK YOU FOR ALL THAT YOU'VE SACRIFICED, too - WHILE MIKE WAS AWAY! Helping you guys while you were away seems like such a little thing to do compared to all you've had to endure, too! We look forward to having Mike back home too!


Finally, after 10 months of living here... these two have met & become fast friends! They toasted their water to the start of their friendship! Aren't they adorable? Mia can finally know Max. And what a sweet boy he is!

No comments:

Time flies when you're havin' fun...

We moved to California


VISIT our OTHER BLOG (cut and paste)

http://everyday-joshua1nine.blogspot.com/

Dales return from deployment - WELCOME BACK
July 2010 - March 2011

Our Gift of A Day... in beautiful Hawaii

Our Gift of A Day... in beautiful Hawaii
click on our photo to read about it!

7th B'day


"our growing family"